Monday, October 10, 2005

The Good Life

This entry shouldn't be too long, but then I sometimes have a tendency to ramble (my last bible journal I accidentally wrote until 3 pages written - i still have to post that online).

I just wanted to post about something I'll be talking to people at King's this Thursday. My theme is that "God's life is the good life." It seems like that is something people just don't get. They kind of abstractly agree with it, like it's good "in theory," but in the real world it just doesn't work like that. Actually, it's the other way around. Luke 11:28 says "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it." We're learning at Sphere on Wednesdays that this word "blessed" actually means "happy." You want to pursue happiness? Pursue the word and the obedience it demands! You will be happy! It's guaranteed! It's not rocket science, really, yet it took even me so long to learn this and apply it. It took me so long to take the leap of faith and pursue Christ with all my heart and leave everything else behind. To do all things for His glory. To live as if I were in heaven. To live for things above rather than things on earth. To live in eternity. My heart's longing is that the students at King's won't have to wait any longer!! And if you are reading and have been waiting and hesitating to commit your life to Christ, don't wait any longer, it's The Good Life. I'm always open to people who need encouragement @ Spleshme822 on AIM or cool_evan2000@yahoo.com if email is the medium of choice. Or even better, you can just leave a comment here and everyone can be encouraged!

Don't leave the good life behind. God is near, waiting to give it to you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Evan,

Thanks for the encouraging update. God is definitely a "rewarder of those who diligently seek Him" (Hebrews 11:6). He is worth living for and His way is so much better than the world. I am looking forward to what you will say at King's on Thursday!

Ben Blakey said...

Evan-

Fantastic post. I just got to teach a junior high sunday school class on Sunday, and we talked about Matthew 7 and the narrow gate. We talked about how even though the gate is narrow and the way is hard, it leads to life! The Christian life is indeed the good life!!! Thanks for the encouragement! See you this weekend; I'm looking forward to hear how speaking at King's went!

Christa Blakey said...

Evan-
What an encouraging blog entry! I'm excited to hear that you want to proclaim the Truth of living for God at King's Academy. I'm glad that you are living out 2 Timothy 1:7, "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of pwer and of love and of a sound mind." I'm looking forward to hearing about your lunch/talk at school.
Prayers-
Christa

Evan said...

Thank you all for your encouraging words and your prayers. I'll get an update up as soon as possible when I figure out how I think the day went.

Anonymous said...

im sorry the honest songs from my heart arent good enough for the blogging world.....
just kidding...mostly....